A brief history
1600s to 1964: Built as part of the home farm at Haughley Park. The Barn was in agricultural use for the whole of this period.
1964: Vacant, and in a dilapidated condition until restored by Alfred J Williams.
1977: Following restoration, the Barn was now a warm, safe and useable space for many types of events, mainly in connection with the family business at that time, John Rannochs Ltd, but also much used by local charities for meetings and fundraisers. The majority of the Oak and elm beams in all rooms are original, as are the massive red brick walls.
2002 to Present day: Barn licensed for civil ceremonies and made available to those looking for a beautiful setting and well-equipped venue for their wedding reception. There have been many improvements and additions to the facilities over these years.
Choosing Haughley Park Barn will give you a starting point to create your own individual celebration. You have the freedom to choose your own suppliers and design the perfect event to suit you.Read more...
The Barn is a versatile and well-equipped space and is located very centrally in Suffolk. There is plenty of parking and the peaceful, rural setting will compliment most events.Read more...
We had a fantastic time with all our family and friends and everyone commented on the beautiful venue. The day was as special as we could have wished for, especially having stayed at the Farmhouse – it made everything so easy and relaxed.
Iain and Carole McNeil
GENERAL FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT
- Two large rooms: The Main Hall (includes Stable End area) and Ceremony Room
- Built in bar (part of Main Hall) with own fridges, and wash up kitchen
- Well-equipped catering kitchen for use of outside caterers
- Male, female and disabled toilets
- Round and rectangular tables, and chairs
- Courtyard area with garden tables and chairs
- Drinks lawn, with benches and tables & chairs
- Country-house and extensive garden setting
- Grass Car park for up to 100 cars
- ‘Hard standing’ car park behind barn for approx 50 cars
WEDDING SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT
- Oak ceremony table
- Oak register table
- Four oak designer chairs
- School easel for seating plan and artists easels
- White gazebo with waterproof canopy 2.5m x 5m
- White trellis panels to fit around gazebo
- Lightweight indoor trellis panels which connect together to form a screen
- Multi-speaker PA system with wired lectern microphone and stand or fist and lapel wireless microphones. Hearing loop in Main Hall
- CD players connected to speaker systems in both rooms
- Fixed pull-down screen 3m x 3m, one smaller portable screen
- Flip-Chart stand
- Wifi access available in main barn