Unveiling the Perfect Wedding Playlist for Your Special Day – written by our guest contributor, Rosie Buckley
Marriage unites two individuals in a beautiful union of love, dedication, and companionship. The wedding day is one of the most special occasions in a couple’s life, and music can set the mood and tone of the ceremony.
As each story is unique and special, the music that accompanies the wedding should match the personality and preferences of the couple. Classic tunes have stood the test of time with their melodies and lyrics.
In this article, we’ve pulled together suggestions for your big day.
The Brides Entrance
The entrance is a truly magical moment during a wedding ceremony. As the bride walks down the aisle, all eyes are on her, and the music playing in the background can enhance the emotions and anticipation of the moment. The right song can amplify the beauty of the bride’s journey toward her soon-to-be spouse.
- Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Here Comes the Bride (Bridal Chorus) by Richard Wagner
- Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy
The Couples Exit
As the newlywed couple joyfully walks back up the aisle together after exchanging their vows, the atmosphere is charged with happiness and celebration. The exit song should reflect the excitement and jubilation of the moment, encouraging guests to celebrate and shower the couple with love and well-wishes.
- You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates
- All You Need Is Love by The Beatles
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
- Love on Top by Beyoncé
The entrance songs set the tone for the entire event. The first notes played not only grab everyone’s attention, but also have the power to stir emotions and create a lasting impression.
The reception entrance songs are carefully selected to ensure that they create an atmosphere of fun and celebration. They are high energy and upbeat, encouraging guests to let their hair down and enjoy themselves. This sets the stage for guests to interact and connect with one another.
- Can’t Stop the Feeling! by Justin Timberlake
- Marry You by Bruno Mars
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I’m Yours by Stevie Wonder
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston
Dinner Background Music
The dinner isn’t just about food. It’s also the atmosphere and experience that surrounds it. And what better way to create a relaxed and harmonious ambiance?
The music not only elevates the dining experience but also acts as a unifying tool that brings guests together.
Soothing melodies subtly stimulate the senses, allowing guests to fully appreciate the culinary delights with each bite. It encourages conversation and light-hearted banter, connecting guests with one another.
- Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
- Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
- Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra
- Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
The first dance song is more than just music. Not only is it a piece that encapsulates their unique love story, but it’ll create an everlasting memory of their special day. Therefore, selecting the perfect first dance song for a couple can feel like a momentous task. Fear not, these are our recommendations:
- At Last by Etta James
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Unforgettable by Nat King Cole
- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
- L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole
Dance Floor Classics
Once the formalities are over and it’s time to party, you’ll want songs that will keep your guests on their feet.
These are the crowd-pleasers that everyone knows and loves. They’re the songs that get people of all ages and musical tastes up on the dancefloor:
- I Want You Back by The Jackson 5
- Dancing Queen by ABBA
- Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
The last dance song is an emotionally charged moment that brings the night to a heartwarming end. Everyone gets together for one last dance and reflects on the beautiful evening. It’s a chance to say goodbye and thank everyone for being a part of this special day.
• Time of My Life by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
• Closing Time by Semisonic
• What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
• Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
• Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
Last Words on Wedding Songs
This playlist is a starting point. When selecting wedding songs, there’s no right or wrong answer – the key is to create a soundtrack that feels true to you.
With a little bit of curation, and a lot of love, your wedding playlist is sure to be one for the ages.
(Main Photo: The Edge Photography)